Saturday 18 July 2015

Tin Man Games: Siege of the Necromancer

I'm told this book is hard.

Siege of the Necromancer begins with a classic FF trope - a bad dude has amassed an army, and someone has to kill him. You. Even if you've spent the last year working in a coal mine instead of practising how to kill necromancers backed by an army of 'goblyns' (don't tell me Peter Jackson has trademarked the conventional spelling...).

*adopts first-person perspective*

Aforementioned necromancer Erid Buul has taken control of my home town, and my investigation begins badly when goblyns kill two of my travelling companions and horse, leaving me wearing nothing but a backpack and a leather jerkin. Luckily, my lack of pants doesn't appear to be an issue - it's certainly never mentioned again. I guess the shocking sight of a pants-less coal miner must make up for the lack of defence in those nether regions.

My remaining companions, sans character shields, are quickly dispatched, but not before one of them gives me a badass battleaxe, which makes short work of an 'ogryn' and two more gobs.

Sneaking through the city, I eventually chance upon a dying redshirt lying in a boat who gives me a MacGuffin. To thank this kind stranger, I dump his body in the ocean and use his boat as a shield to escape being arrowed in the same way.

Ow! My dignity!
Following his instructions, I'm soon in a cave faced with four doors. Having had a glass of wine already (IRL - there's a disappointing lack of drinking in this gamebook, but that's understandable given the circumstances. I guess. *sad face*) I decide to keep things simple and just take door #1. There'll be time to check doors two through four later, right? 
In there is an alcove, which I can't resist checking out because to do so I have to turn to page 400 - no true FF fan can resist the option of turning to page 400.

The book could read, 'Would you like to dip your leg in oil and stick it in the fire?' and I'd do it if it meant turning to page 400 (not IRL - depends how good the book is, I suppose). 

So one thing leads to another, and I'm soon hanging from a stalactite fighting some kind of shrieking bird thing which is definitely the worst result from a page 400 I've ever had. But I also find another dead guy with a MacGuffin similar to the other one, giving me confidence I'm right in calling these things MacGuffins and also that I'm on the right track. 

The MacGuffins are rubies. I'm guessing they're important. You can have more than one, right? It's also a clue Siege of the Necromancer might be a gamebook in the Ian Livingstone fetch-quest mould.

With that in mind, when I soon came across a badass sword (did I mention I lost the badass battleaxe? Dropped it in the ocean. There's going to be some very confused sea anemones in that town), I had to have it. When I picked it up, it triggered a trap and I was shot by an arrow - figuring that was it, I decided to take it anyway. That wasn't it. 

To death!
I note this book gives you six 'bookmarks', whereas An Assassin in Orlandes gave you three. I wonder why?

If you want to try it out for yourself, check out the Gamebook Adventures website.















8 comments:

web lol said...

kul post

Aussiesmurf said...

I greatly enjoyed the Blood of the Zombies, which I played through on IPhone after reading your (partial) playthrough. In a (not-for-profit) plug, I should also mention that I am attempting to log my attempts at playing the entire Way of the Tiger gamebook series at www.wayofthetigerblog.wordpress.com. Feel free to have a look.

Cheers.

free games to download said...

John Chow is definitely my idol, i think that guy is extra-ordinary. he is really talented**

cắt mắt 2 mí có đau không said...

great!!!!

Panharith said...

nice collection, thanks



Goldenslot สล็อต
GCLUB

myhuonglequyen said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

kemika7384 said...

918kiss เป็นเว็บไซต์ผู้ให้บริการพนันออนไลน์แบบไหน
918kiss เป็นเว็บไซต์ของผู้ให้บริการเกมพนันบนเว็บออนไลน์แล้วก็ในลักษณะของแอพพลิเคชั่นออนไลน์ที่รองยอมรับได้หลายภาษา รวมทั้งภาษาไทยเอง สามารถดาวน์โหลดได้อีกทั้งระบบแอนดรอยด์ (andriod) และก็ไอโอเอส (ios) เล่นได้ทุกหนทุกแห่ง ทุกเมื่อ ทั่วทุกมุมโลก ด้วยเกมพนันที่มีให้เลือกเล่นมากยิ่งกว่า 200 เกมบนเว็บเดียว ไม่ว่าจะเป็น เกมพนันบอล เกมคาสิโนสด เกมชนไก่ เกมไพ่ เกมเสือมังกร เกมยิงปลา เกมบาคาร่า แล้วก็ฯลฯ ทำให้เป็นที่พอใจของนักการพนันจำนวนมาก ผู้ให้บริการเว็บเองก็ได้มีการวางแบบเกมในรูปแบบใหม่ ที่มีการเสริมตัวการ์ตูนอนิเมชั่นเข้ามา ทำให้มองมีความน่ารักน่าเอ็นดู น่าเล่น มีสีนสันแจ่มใส ไม่มีเบื่อ เล่นง่าย แถม 918kiss ยังเป็นเว็บเกมพนันออนไลน์ที่ได้รับความน่าไว้ใจ ไว้เนื้อเชื่อใจจากนักการพนันเยอะแยะ ด้วยปริมาณผู้เล่นที่ใช้บริการที่มากกว่าหนึ่งหมื่นคน มีการกล่าวแบบปากต่อปากว่าผู้ให้บริการรายนี้จ่ายจริง จัดหนัก จัดเต็ม ทุกรายการ ไม่มีคดโกง ตัวเว็บที่มากับระบบธุรกรรมด้านการเงินซึ่งสามารถ ฝาก - ถอน ได้เองอัตโนมัติ ใช้เวลาสั้นๆแค่เพียง 3 นาทีเพียงแค่นั้น ไม่จำเป็นที่ต้องผ่านแอดไม่น ระบบมีความปลอดภัยสูง เว็บที่ถูกดีไซน์มาเป็นรูปแบบมาตรฐานสากล มีบุคลากรรอดูแล ให้บริการตลอด 1 วัน ฝากอย่างน้อยแค่เพียง 1 บาทแค่นั้น กิจกรรมให้ร่วมลุ้นบันเทิงใจ ชิงรางวัลเยอะแยะ ทำให้เป็นเว็บผู้ให้บริการเกมพนันออนไลน์ชั้น 1 ของชาวไทยได้ไม่ยาก นอกเหนือจากนั้น 918kiss มีการจัดลำดับเกมยอดนิยมสูงสุด เพื่อนักเสี่ยงโชคได้ตามทันเทรนด์ต่างๆอยู่เป็นประจำ จากสถิติเกมที่นักเล่นการพนันมีความสนใจนิยมเล่นกันเป็นลำดับต้นๆนั้นหมายถึงเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่มีความมากมายหลายและก็เล่นง่าย ด้วยแนวทางเล่นที่เข้าใจง่าย คำตอบที่รวดเร็วทันใจ เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ก็เลยเป็นเกมที่นักการพนันที่ชื่นชอบเกี่ยวกับการเสี่ยงดวงชอบใจเป็นอย่างยิ่ง
สล็อตออนไลน์กับ 918kiss
สำหรับเพื่อการเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์นั้น สิ่งจำเป็นเป็นแนวทางที่จำต้องทราบ เพราะเหตุว่าในนานาประการเกมชอบมีแนวทาง หรือเคล็ดลับสำหรับในการเล่นให้ผ่านด่านหรือเอาชนะรางวัลได้ต่างกัน อย่างในเกมสล็อตออนไลน์เองนั้น อย่างแรกที่นักเล่นการพนันควรจะมองเป็นการแจกเครดิตฟรี โดย 918kiss จะมีการแจกเครดิตฟรีสำหรับผู้เล่นใหม่แบบหนึ่งร้อยเปอร์เซ็น ตัวอย่างเช่น ถ้าเกิดผู้เล่นกระทำฝากเงินปริมาณ 300 บาท ทางเว็บจะแจกเครดิตฟรีในทันทีอีก 300 บาท ทำให้เงินในบัญชีของนักเสี่ยงดวงมีมากขึ้นเป็นอีกเท่าตัว จะสามารถใช้ลงทุนไปกับเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ได้ อาจไม่จำเป็นที่จะต้องใช้เงินตนเองแม้กระทั้งบาทเดียว อัตราการชำระเงินของเกมก็สิ่งเดียวกัน ด้วยเหตุว่าในแต่ละตู้เกมจะมีอัตราการชำระเงินที่ต่างๆนาๆ อัตราการจ่ายเป็นการแตกของโบนัส ถ้าเกิดถ้าเกิดมีเปอร์เซ็นต์ที่สูงเกินเก้าสิบ ชี้ให้เห็นว่าเป็นเกมตู้สล็อตที่คุ้มสำหรับเพื่อการลงทุน เนื่องมาจากจะได้โอกาสสำหรับในการได้โบนัสหรือชนะเกมสล็อตได้ ซึ่งในระบบการให้บริการเกมของเว็บไซต์นี้มีการจ่ายพนันในอัตราที่สูงกว่าผู้ให้บริการรายอื่นมากมาย นักเสี่ยงดวงจะสามารถหาตู้เกมสล็อตที่โบนัสแตกหลายครั้งได้จากเว็บผู้ให้บริการเกมพนันออนไลน์นี้ นักเสี่ยงโชคความคาดหวังจะทำเงิน ก็เลยชอบไว้วางใจใช้บริการเพื่อโกยเงินกลับไปอยู่บ้านมาก ด้วยมาตรฐานความปลอดภัยที่สูง แล้วก็อัตราการชำระเงินที่มาก ไม่สนเท่ห์ใจเลยที่นักเสี่ยงโชคชอบประทับใจใช้บริการสำหรับเพื่อการเล่นเกมสล็อตกับทางเว็บไซต์ 918kiss มากที่สุดเป็นอันดับแรกตอนนี้
918kiss

pg slot แนะนำ said...

pg slot แนะนำ นับว่าเป็นเกม สล็อต PG SLOT ที่นักเสี่ยงโชคยืนยันว่าแตกดี แตกยับ ฟรีสปินออกรัวๆเล่นแล้วได้เงินจริง ได้เงินไว จากสถิติที่พวกเราได้ไปเก็บรวบรวมมาพบว่าอัตราการชนะอยู่ที่ 97.66 %